A warm welcome to Structural Massage Edinburgh.
As a skilled physical therapist, I bring together a combination of styles and techniques to address your body’s individual needs.
I look for the reasons behind your symptoms, treating your body as a whole. I place particular emphasis on releasing postural restrictions, helping your body to recover from injuries and chronic conditions. I also consider the connected relationship between your bones, muscles, fascia (a type of soft connective tissue) and natural life energy.
I have just finished 5 years course to become an osteopath (I am before graduation) at London School of Osteopathy with Anglia Ruskin University. This learning greatly influences my work and style.
In 2019 there is the 11th anniversary of my practice in Scotland. Please scroll down the page to get more information about me.
I am Maciek Leszczak, Mattie for short, a manual body therapist and massage therapist. Originally from Poland, I now live and work in Edinburgh, Scotland. I have been practicing since 2005 and continue to develop and add to my skills through advanced courses and study. I graduated as a shiatsu practitioner in August 2012 after three years of study at the Shiatsu School in Edinburgh. This new qualification further complements my other ongoing work. I added Myofascial Release to my list of client treatments in 2010.
Additional experience and expertise:
I have been running an integrated soft tissue workshop at The Shiatsu School Edinburgh in 2012-2015, where I also helped out.
I was one of the sports massage team for the 2013 Tough Mudder Race in Edinburgh.
Here are details of my skill development and successes so far:
- Advanced Course For Osteopathic Manipulations HVT 8 hours; London
Massud Wasel MD DO ND PGCAP, BSC(Hons)
- Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation HVT – OMT Training, 32 hours CPD course
- Spinofascial Advanced Fascial Articulatory Techniques
Maggie Brooks-Carter workshop; Edinburgh
- Central Channel Shiatsu Shin-tai – Liz Arundel course; Edinburgh
- Shiatsu Practitioner, Shiatsu School Edinburgh – 3 years diploma course
- Craniofascial and Sacrofascial : Advanced Fascial Articulatory Techniques
Maggie Brooks-Carter workshop; Edinburgh
- MET ( muscle energy techniques ) in management of spinal, respiratory and pelvic dysfunction, Leon Chiatow workshop; London
Structural Alignment Shiatsu Shin-Tai – Liz Arundel course; Edinburgh
Positional Release – Leon Chiatow workshop; London
- Myofascial Release UK and Ireland –Spine and Sacrum top up workshop
- The Shiatsu School Edinburgh – Sotai Therapy- course
- Integrated Neuromuscular Management of Myofascial Pain – Leon Chiatow workshop; London
- Spinal Alignment – Graham Blakley workshop; Edinburgh
- First Aid Certificate – Emergency First Aid Course – Edinburgh
- Foundation of Thai Massage – course – Lucy Trend; Edinburgh
- Myofascial Release UK and Ireland – Advanced Level top up workshop
- Myofascial Release UK and Ireland – Therapist’s Supervision
- Myofascial Release UK and Ireland – Advanced level and Unwinding
- Myofascial Release Uk and Ireland – Diploma : Integrated Myofascial Therapist
- ITEC – Anatomy, Physiology and Patology – Level 3 – Diploma; London
- Functional Osteopathy and Body Integration – 90 hours training; Germany/Poland –http://www.funktionelle-integration.de/
- Glasgow School of Shiatsu – Diploma : Seated Shiatsu Treatment
- Reiki Usui Shiki Ryoho – 1st and 2nd degree
- Sports Massage with elements of biological regeneration – Diploma course; Poland
2006 – 2007
- Annual Traineeship in the occupation of a Massage Therapist – Diploma; Poland
- Advanced level of massage : lymph drainage, medical segment massage, traditional shiatsu ; Diploma; Poland
- First degree course in massage: swedish massage, sport massage, relaxation massage, slimming massage ; Diploma; Poland
2004 – 2007
Baltic Institute of Psychology – College; Poland
- Psychology Training course – 3 years
additionally – Diploma: Masseur (2004)
2001 Gdansk University of Technologies, Poland
- Master University Degree – “Master of Science – Engineer”
Department of Management and Economy
- Graduated from two-semester post-graduate studies in the scope of “Training in Company Management in the Conditions of Uniform European Market”